Saturday 28 January 2012

Slow Progress

Quite a productive day today! I did the online activity about the death of Christopher Marlowe and discovered that nobody is really 100% sure of how he DID actually die, although I did learn that if you are going to trust anybody's opinion about someone's biography, then Oxford University Press is a pretty good source.


Next was the 'Inside Art' activity. As you've probably gathered from previous posts, paintings are not my thing at all. This activity has helped with SOME aspects of evaluating paintings (perspective, light source, colour) but these are the few things I actually remember learning about at GCSE. I've still not got the foggiest when it comes to deciding WHY an artist painted the way he did.


It did mean that I could tick off these activities on the website. And as an added bonus I got 9 out of 9 on the Chapters 1-3 Quiz. I'm going to leave the TMA questions for a couple of week (until I've been to a tutorial) so tomorrow I might start on Chapter 4, although it is CSI Sunday on Five USA...

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't sound like you are making slow progress to me. Compared to most of us I think you are steaming ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow for someone who's sat at home alone all day, every day :-)

      Delete