Friday 27 January 2012

King of the Castle

Well today I've managed to do hell of a lot of absolutely nothing. I haven't picked up any of my books, watched any of the films, listened to any of the CDs or wrote anything (except this of course). If it wasn't for the Facebook groups I'd have had no contact with my studies at all.

In my defence I have been busy doing other things. I received a letter this morning confirming a place on a residential weekend course at Northern College near Barnsley. I have been before (several years ago) but needed to try and work out how I will get there before I accept. Obviously if there are no buses to and from the college it would mean a long walk from  Barnsley. Fortunately there ARE buses.


The course I signed up for (about a month before I signed up for OU) is 'Introduction to Creative Writing', which considering my chosen study path is ideal. Not only will it give me a good grounding for my second module, but it will also be a weekend of free food and drink and none of my electricity and gas being used. Add to that the beautiful setting of Wentworth Castle and it's a win-win situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment