Friday 7 September 2012

End of the road (for now)

I've just realised that it's been three months since I last posted on here. The time has flown by with too much to do, and too little time. As well as my studying, which I'll tell you about in a moment, I've also had to attend a 'Mandatory Work Placement'. I was fortunate to have had a placement in a local charity shop rather than a supermarket. The shop is one of several across West Yorkshire raising funds for The Forget Me Not Trust Children's Hospice, and as I feel it is such a good cause, I continued to volunteer part-time whilst I am still unemployed. I've also been distracted by some sporting things going on in London.

Right then, time to tell you where I've been on my study journey. Last time we met, I was just setting off to Benin in the jungles of West Africa, following the journey made by the Benin Bronzes as they were 'liberated' by those jolly nice Victorian gentlemen. Since then, I've travelled  all over the world via the Short Stories chapter. Destinations included South Africa, Cuba and Florida, Canada and France. So that was TMAs 5 and 6 out of the way.

TMA07 took me on an altogether different journey, into the deepest darkest recesses of... me! It was a reflective assignment, looking back at my progress through AA100; the highs and lows; the good and the bad; what I enjoyed and what I didn't; where will I go next? (You can find the answer to this in my next blog post!) 

My final travels through this first leg of my degree came in the form of Book 4 and my End of Module Assessment. I quickly skipped the sections on Ancient Greece and Ancient Rome and instead plumped for a staycation, remaining in the good old British Seaside. Although the deadline is still three weeks away, my AA100 journey has ended, having submitted my EMA last weekend.  

I hope you enjoyed the journey, please remember the AA100 terminates at this stop and all passengers will need to change if they wish to continue their journey. All aboard the A215 and the U214!

No comments:

Post a Comment